Thursday, May 1, 2008

Food Exchange

Thursday my wonderful downstairs neighbor (obviously downstairs from the apartment, not the trailer), stopped me on my way out of the apartment at 6:30am to give me about 8 pounds of ORGANIC fruit! I love her. She gets fruit and veg delivered to her home and this is the second time she won't be able to finish it, so rather than waste, she has shared with me and the kid.

I love that. There are actually more apples than we'll be able to eat in the next week so I'm passing some along to a friend at work.

I'd like to see more of this sort of exchange. More people sharing rather than wasting. I have many friends who will participate.

Of course, I'm too lazy to be the person setting up the exchange, but maybe I can get something going with one or two friends.

No comments: