Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snow Snow Snow....AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH

Yes, it's pretty.
Yes, it's natural.
But enough already.

There is like 2 feet on the roof of my trailer (I'm in Plummer).
The landlord says he's not worried about it collapsing. I'm worried. I have a guy coming tomorrow. It's going to cost me at least 100$ to get it shoveled off. I'm praying it falls off on its own. There is a snow roof, but the snow is not sliding off like it is supposed to. Oh well. The snow is not behaving in anyway as it is supposed to. I hear that Spokane has set yet another personal best...snowiest December on record. Woohoo. I just looked at the "plow" map for Spokane. They are flattering themselves if they think they are going to get plowed out any time soon. If it rains on this (as is predicted) we have what is commonly termed a cluster....well, you know.

Here in Plummer I can get around on foot but it is nearly 40 degrees according to my little thermometer and STILL FRICKING SNOWING!!! GEEZ. I shoveled the car out again. If I don't stay ahead of it there is no hope. I also talked to the neighbor lady. She's walking to work now too since it takes a half an hour to get her car cleared off in the mornings. She can walk to work in about 10 minutes. She too is worried about her roof. But her husband is a plow driver and has worked every day for 3 weeks. I'm sure those are long days. I need to bring them some jam. Seriously.

Anyway, enough bitching.

El Kid is in Spokane and is planning to take the bus down today. Hope he can get a ride to Post Falls to get the bus that's legal for him to take. If not...well, he'll just have to make other arrangements. I'd post pictures, but I left my camera up in Spokane. The phone camera pictures of snow look like a whiteout. You lose all the "Dr. Zhivago" romance of a wider, less grainy shot. I must say. It IS beautiful.
Thank god I'm not having to drive this week. And thank god I'm not a plow driver.

OK, now I'm going to try to order a replacement part for my loomtastic so I can continue my career of making stupid looking hats for people who don't want them. Not very frugal or simple but it keeps me busy.

No comments: