Tuesday, February 24, 2009

No 'Poo Update

OK, it's been a while since I've posted about the not shampooing.

I'm still doing it. Apparently so is Jeanne (Hi Jeanne) who went camping with me.

I did find that lately my hair was not as nice as it had been (not like when I shampoo'd, not total straw). I had gotten lazy and not done the icy cold water rinse at the end of the system. I tried doing that again and now my hair is pretty good again.

Apparently the serious brushing each day with a natural bristle brush and a good icy cold rinse after the wash are pretty crucial steps.

On other hair news...a colleague at work noted that my hair is longer. It is! Well, the half I don't pick at as much is about 3 inches longer in the last year. While I was still shampooing it had reached a dynamic equilibrium between breakage and growth and appeared to stay pretty much the same length. Now the half I pick at less is longer. Yes...I've tried to quit picking at the ends but it doesn't work. I'm trying to pick at it more all over rather than just on the left side. And, to spend more time removing the split ends.

On other hair news: sometime this spring, about April, it will be 20 years since I've had a trim. No, I will not be celebrating with a trim. It's working for me so I'll just leave it alone.

No comments: