Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Slow Fashion October OTD (outfit of the day)

 I started the day at the gym.

Shoes: ANCIENT and resoled shoes bought on sale.  Over 10 years use so far.  They are good leather and comfortable.   They got demoted to gym wear as the top is separating from the sole a bit and the glue doesn't hold as long when used outside.  

Socks:  Gift

Pants: bought for 1$ at thrift 2 or 3 years ago.  They just live in the gym bag.

Undies...old.

Foundation garment: See previous post. Same one.

Shirt: tank top purchased at thrift maybe a decade ago.  It's an eddie bauer or something and just will not wear out.

I also did yoga while there.

yoga bag: gift (actually, it was a gift bag but is a nice canvas shopping bag that now transports yoga stuff)

Blocks: bought on super sale during a 'rona closure of a local studio

Strap: I think I paid retail for this but it was like 15-20 years ago.

Mat: super cool FOLDING yoga mat bought at thrift for 2$ or so.  Used for several years now and shows no wear.  I like the flat fold better than the roll.  I can travel with it in a suitcase.  

Towel/blanket: Gramma got me this when I STARTED college so it is over 37 years into pretty well daily use.  It's thin but still soaks up liquids like water and sweat.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exercise class yesterday...Top, sports bra, capri bottoms, and yoga socks (individual toe openings, open at the toes, rubber treads on the bottom) - all purchased new. The capri bottoms are the oldest piece (5 years old, minimum), now faded but still perfectly functional. That said, I'm starting to feel ashamed to wear them outside the house...but I will wear everything to death because that's what I do.

Not clothing/fashion, but why not?
My yoga/"sticky" mat (along with block - or is it two blocks, I'd have to look - and strap) purchased new from a thrift shop in a boxed set a while back (at least 5 years) for under $10. I forget how many blocks it came with - 1 or 2. The only thing missing from the set was a yoga workout dvd, which didn't bother me.

My pair of 1 lb. vinyl-covered dumbbells are ancient, purchased new.

My double-walled stainless steel water bottle has a custom logo on it that I don't mind, purchased from the thrift shop. Looked new, might have been a giveaway, but good quality. I bought it as a backup a couple years ago and I'm glad I did because I recently cracked the plastic cap on my "primary" water bottle (freebie from my employer) and I can't take it anywhere where it won't be kept upright and can leak (like a tote bag). But the backup is smaller in size and doesn't have a convenient opening/spout, and the opening is pretty small so I have to dig around the icemaker bin for smaller ice cubes that will fit through it...so I'm shopping for a new one. The one I'll likely buy I chose because it has good reviews, the features I want, plus the company also sells lids separately - just in case I wreck the lid on the new one. But holding off because, you know, still have a perfectly good water bottle...

I bring a hand towel to class. Several are really, really unbelievably ugly ones my mom bought decades ago and never used and somehow I ended up with several of them. Nothing I want to see draped on the bathroom towel rod, but good enough for my sweat.

I carry everything to class in a sturdy canvas tote bag, another freebie giveaway at the conference vendor exhibit hall ages ago.

L.

Jill said...

I have those yoga sox (new from thrift) and use them when I travel or get caught without my mat.
I have used dumbells as well..I mean, what was going to wear out? They are heavy and dumbell shaped so I figured "good enough"
Don't you love vendor swag? I've gotten some great stuff, and lots of crap.