Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Eve in the City of Lurve

This was a lovely day. I was pretty recovered from jetlag (largely due to the motivation to recover and thanks to getting out and about for a good amount of time the first day in town. We started the day with breakfast (croissants, bread, jam, and coffee (hot chocolate for Pat)) in a cafe. very nice.

Then to the Champs Elysees area to get Pat's watch checked out. They ended up putting in a new movement while we waited. Then shopping. Chris got a cute new watch and ring, both with swarovsky crystals, at BonBon watches. I got a phone at the Virgin Megastore on the Champs Elysees AND got to watch a Parisian have a sh-tfit oer what he perceived as bad service but was in fact just regular service. (more on this phone later).














If you look CAREFULLY you can see a small portion of the bottom of the Eiffel Tower in the background of the photo past the giant statue. It was foggy.














We saw these people walking along in the super ritzy shopping sections near the Champs Elysees. LOVE the coat on him (note formal black pants...dressing the coat UP) and the what-ever-the-hell-all-that-is on her! Remember them. There will be a quiz.

















THEN Chris and I went to t
he BEST toilets in Paris at a Hilton. I saw a bride in a multithousands dollar dress getting photo'd in the lobby of the hotel. I would have been in the background but dashed to get out of the way (the last thing she wants behind her million dollar dress is my thrift store sweater and heavily worn shoes and eye bags).

















THEN we went on a christmas rollercoaster outside the Grand Palais. Chris and I crammed into the back seat of the carriage and I think we took our relationship to the next level, but I can't be sure. It was a tight fit. Pat was basking in a moderate amount of space in the front seat. Getting out was a bit of a challenge but we made it. Since we were all on the coaster. We have no photos of us on the coaster, but I have a picture of a statue on top of the Grand Palais taken from my seat on the coaster.














Here is a blurry but less foggy photo of the Eiffel Tower. They light it up at dusk.

We had Christm
as Eve dinner at Montparnasse 1900. A lovely restaurant. I had duck. It was good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,

I am horrible about responding to your blog, but I do read it and enjoy it and, at times, envy it (such as when you are writing about Paris and Amsterdam. Not so much when you are writing about homeopathic cures for pink eye, however). Keep writing. Did you meet any hookers in Amsterdam? Your eager fans are waiting!