Thursday, May 14, 2009

I know...I know...

It's been too long.
But I was sick and busy. Today I got to work to find out it's closed so I'm taking a little wee bit of time to catch up before I go home to bed (cold...bad cold).

So, I bought cheapo plane ticket and I'm going to see Miss Loretta Lynn! WOOHOO!

I don't remember winning anything cool in my past. I might have won a turkey at the Jack and Jill grocery store when I was a wee tot, but that might have been Sher.

(note: the preoccupation with the word "wee" today may be due to my excessive consumption of tea)

The concert is June 10th and I'm flying in that day and back on Saturday. The ticket is cheaper and I don't want to overburden Jonny who is probably already sick of me from the last trip.

Still, I'm very excited. Jonny's cool, he's bringing friends and we're seeing Loretta. What could be better?

I've been assured by Laurie (Hi Laurie!) that LL's drunk-butt son will open for him and that if I go stand by the bus he'll hit on me. Perhaps I could have a very short career as a b-list groupie! It's not quite Bebe Beuhl, but what can I do? I'm starting late and I don't look that good. Also, not going to happen because EEEEW!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, I think you should look at your concert attendance as a slightly belated birthday gift to yourself. Have a great time.

Fly Right said...

I'm so happy you're going! Her son is in her band, so you don't have to see him--her wigs and dresses will be nice and distracting. Have fun!!!!