Friday, October 23, 2020

Oh For Pete's Sake!

 

Really people?  You break my window out?  Honestly?

Really?


I guess, yes, really.  Same day the windshield on the subaru cracked all the way across.  I knew it had a little ding, but couldn't find it.  It was way at the bottom.  The crack is below eyeline so I should be able to drive with it until the rig croaks. 

The truck though, have to replace that.  The deputy showed up in a timely fashion and gave me a case number but said that honestly, unless someone comes in and says "hey, I broke out a window on a truck with plate number..." they won't get the person.

I don't carry comprehensive on a 21 year old vehicle but I do keep a bit of $$ to the side for BS.  I guess it's time to dip into the BS fund.  200$ or so to get it replaced.  Cheaper if  I took time to find a window at a salvage yard but I don't have the time to go do that so just paying up. I don't want to be without the second rig in the winter and it's an hour to the closest salvage yard, 15$ worth of gas to get there and back.  Time to just fix it.  Hence the BS fund.  I am waiting on the motor for the driver's window until I find it cheap because I can do that myself and it's not needed until spring when I get too hot.


Sigh.

No comments: