Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Composting toilet!

Yeay!   Thanks to a tip from a friend, I scored a composting toilet for sale on craigslist.  WOO_HOO!

On Saturday I'll go pick it up, it's 2 hours north of here.   Then I'll have a pot to piss in.  Just need a window to throw it out of and I'll be all set.

It's a non-electric sun-mar brand.   It will work off grid and is rated for 2-3 people in residential use.  Should be peachy for me.  I COULD have dug an outhouse for less but it rains and is cold here for 6 months of the year.  And there is bear poop on my land.  I'm pretty sure I didn't want to be killed by a bear on my way to the toilet in the middle of winter.  Also, it might be slightly less off-putting for guests to use a composting toilet.  Or more...we'll see.

I'll post photos after I get it.

No comments: