Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Who The HELL is BITING my CARROTS!!!

I've been thinning the carrots in my garden so those remaining will hopefully grow bigger but ...
(insert dramatic music)

Oh wait...I can insert dramatic music:



Some bastard* has been BITING my goddamn carrots!  Not eating significant portions, just taking a bite and moving on.

I didn't take a photo because I was too ticked off.


The garden is a raised bed so someone must be coming over the edge and tunneling through.  I thought perhaps I'd put in a bunch of cayenne pepper, but that will hurt the worms too...don't want to hurt the worms.  They help things along.  They've seemed to leave the radishes alone.  I've harvested several of those and all were fine.

Any ideas for mystery-tunneling-carrot-biter-control methods?

No comments: