Monday, July 1, 2024

Better Than I Thought

 So, I had to take the "new" car in for oil already because I drive A LOT!

Anyway, it only needs one rear strut, sway bar bushings (both of which can wait) and a drive belt (the thing that makes the power steering etc work). That last one I think is important so I booked it.  Parts AND labor estimated at 150$.  That is a cheap repair so yep.  Doing that.

Part of the joy of an old Honda is the cheap repairs.  


Then, I went ahead and checked regional craigslist for Elements with similar mileage.  Turns out, I pad about the going rate for an element with 100k or fewer miles.  Good!  It's over bluebook but bluebook is moot with the current market.


So, I didn't overpay as much as I thought.  Just paid more than I wanted to for "a car".


That said, I get a HUGE kick out of driving it.  It's like being a keystone cop or in a classic looney toons.  Zippy but also a tad tippy.  

No comments: