Monday, June 17, 2024

This Made Me LOL

Actual headline at cnn.com today:

"37 items you need to add to your summer vacation packing list"



Uh...INCLUDING underpants, sox, and what I'm wearing for the flight/drive, I don't think I pack/bring 37 items.  I mean.  JEEZ! Are you moving or traveling?

Wear:
Shoes (2 items)
sox (2 items)
undies 
bra
jeans
tshirt
sweatshirt or buttondown
belt
reading glasses

IF it is winter or will be when I get there, i wear a coat with a zip out liner that turns into a jacket
 So far...12 items.

Pack:
2 undies
2 pairs sox
2 t-shirts or tank tops
yoga/jammy pants 

That's 8 more items for a total of 20.

Toothbrush
comb
epi pen set (3 items: 2 pens and a little bag for them)

Current count: 25.


Misc: 
notebook
pencil
Phone
ipodthing
1 charger
2 cords
backpack (which is what I carry the stuff in)
wallet (1 item even though there is a credit card, ID and spare car key in there...I mean...give me a break on this one.  There is probably a melted linty chapstick in a random pocket too but that will get thrown out)
corded headphones
small shopping back with lunch in it.  I am not counting the lunch items because they get eaten before the plane takes off.  Sometimes before I even board the first flight.
Water bottle
That's 11 items for a total of 37


Optionals:
If I'm goin to santa fe, then about 12 items of jewelry which makes 49 (ooo...gettin' fancy)
Elsewhere: 2 items jewelry which makes 39
Midwinter: hat and mittens/gloves which makes 40.

So how would adding 37 more items...nearly doubling my count...make my trip better?

Most of the items are extra fancy chargers, cords, various bags and inner stuff/pack bags.  I've lived without them so far!





No comments: