Friday, April 29, 2022

OMG!!!! Mind Blowing Advance in Laundry Technology

 I like laundry.  The only household chore I like.  For reals...well, canning to but for like the daily crap.


ANYWAY!!!!  

I knew about the energy efficient ventless European style washer/dryer combination units that use condensation tech for drying.

I knew about the portables.

The high efficiency machines (talking to YOU Jonny...stop putting SO MUCH DETERGENT in the high efficiency washer.  It clogs up the line and the drum and wrecks the machine.)


I did NOT know that they make a DRAWER washer UNDER the main washer, just for poopoo undies and yoga pants and fragile bras


Dude...a tiny washer under the mondo washer.  So much waste of resources making it and using it but I totes want one.  I won't ever have one due to the electricity and lack of need.  The drawer only does delicates and light loads so you end up with the big washer as the main one.  I have heavy dirty clothes so something exclusive to yoga pants and panties won't cut it.  If they ever add a heavy duty cycle to the wee drawer washer I might be on that. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait - people spend a lot of money on the fancy normal /mini washer combo model so they can wash a teeny load of delicates???

I say buy enough clothes to do a full/normal load of laundry. If you have favorites, buy multiples! And you don't have to do the laundry as often... And you know what, these people probably already have a lot of clothes. Don't get it.

L

Jill said...

well...I love laundry gadgets almost as much as coffee gadgets so I almost get it. but on NO PLANET would I invest in that much tech/money/space/natural-resource-extraction for just my "yoga pants"....granted, my "yoga pants" are 2 pairs of ancient thrift store purchased trouser style danskins from the 25cent rack at a thrift store that closed a decade back.
My laundry gadgets are thrifted items and manual style rather than motor driven. Like the plunger thingy used in a 5 gallon bucket...it gets things REALLY clean and my shoulders get a workout.

Angela Gulick said...

Jill, lately I have become fascinated by these videos that show up on Facebook that show Chinese households and ALL. THE. GADGETS. Gadgets for everything -- dispensing toothpaste onto a toothbrush (why squeeze a tube with your hands when a cute little plastic kitten can "spit" it out onto your brush). Gadgets you put into your refrigerator and rinsing bowls to sanitize foods. Gadgets to spit soap into your hands (Mooo!).

And sometimes, these little teeny, tiny washing machines that might hold about 6 pairs of socks. These washing machines are small, plastic, and look like they run on AA batteries. They usually just drain into a shower or tub. I don't know if this link will work in a comment, but you can copy it. The little washing machine is at about the 50-second mark. Maybe you can fulfill your dream of having a wee washing machine for just your yoga pants at a fraction of the cost :)

https://youtu.be/ZNlCbGwybkg?t=50