Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The Straight Story: Idaho Style

 

Yeah.  I saw this IN REAL LIFE on my way back from the post office to my office. I was walking so it was perfectly OK to pull out my ancient flip phone and get the picture.  I was not driving.  And I couldn't send it to y'all immediately because...flip phone.


ACTUAL PHOTO IN REAL LIFE...yes, right in front of the police building:



Here is the annotated version for more detail and some interpretation:

OK, I can't SWEAR that he was/is married to the old lady with a curly perm driving the car along the shoulder of the road behind him, but if it was his daughter, then he's even older than I thought because she was 70 if she was a day.   

No matter whom she is, why?

Is it purely for safety?

Does he need someone to get him from the lawn mower to the walker-wagon?


Other questions:  How far have they come?

How far will they go?

Why not just ride in the goddamn car?  

Why does she put up with it?

This is possibly the BEST opening scene of a movie I have spotted in Plummer and I am COUNTING the day I looked out the window of my single wide trailer while on the phone with Pam (hi pam) to see a fat cowgirl driving a roman chariot behind a draft horse on the street.  This one has a relationship in it that is already very complicated.  The cowgirl was on her own.  


No comments: