Monday, May 20, 2019

Super Food: The Food Formerly Known as Food

What is with labeling regular food as "super food"?  It's FOOD. Just FOOD.
What isn't food?  Doritos, anything at Dairy Queen, etc. 

Greens:  Just food, not a super food.  Not even kale.  It's just kale.  Just eat it.
Vegetables, fruit, grains, meat fish.  100 years ago, even 50, these were called "food" and you got them from the garden, market, or super market.  You can still do that.

It was best said on The Onion




It isn't designer.  It doesn't have to be fancy.  Just eat it. 
Even Weird Al knows. 



My dinner yesterday was EITHER crazy poor people red neck yokel food....OR crazy hipster wild crafted extreme local food.  Whatever, it was good and I had it so I ate it.


Any guesses on ingredients?
Anyone?

Beuller?


No? 

Coconut oil (not local)
6 guinea hen eggs 
lovage from the garden (stem and leaves because I have a ton of it)
sour sorrel  (AKA sheep sorel...aka, weeds from the garden and land)
nettle leaves (or maybe monkshood...pretty sure those were nettles)
dandelion leaves
horseradish leaves


Why did I eat that?   Because I had the eggs from a friend who traded them for a plastic pallet I found behind a thrift store...she also gave me ship shit.
I wanted something in the eggs.  Greens.  I had purple kale too but that's going to seed and I want to keep the seeds (the kale produced all winter with very little protection) so I didn't care to bother it.
So, I picked what I had and what was around.

Pretty sure the whole thing was made of "super foods" which are of course, just food.

Combined with the compost toilet...I may have achieved a new level of localization of my meal.





No comments: