Sunday, May 27, 2018

Excellent Thrifty Food in Tensed Idaho

OMG!!!!!  I am beyond excited.
There are new owners at The Big Store in tiny Tensed, Idaho and the Mrs can COOK.

I stopped once to see the new stock and was pleased to see some almond milk and fresh fruit and veg.  Not much.  It's a big store, but they have everything from soup to nuts to fresh food and essential oils and a tiny cafe area so there actually isn't room for a lot of back stock.  Hence, buying not in bulk.  I always include the price of gas to get to another town when seeing is something is thrifty and it will be much cheaper to buy an onion or apple there on my way home, I drive by anyway, than running into Moscow or Coeur d'Alene for a single thing.

Now for the excellent thrifty food.
There was a sign out front advertising 4 tacos for 5$ so I slammed on the subaru breaks and turned in to the lot. 

These are street tacos made fresh to order with fresh chopped cilantro, two salsa options and fresh chopped onion that you get to put on yourself.  Nice.  The seasoned meat (I didn't bother to ask what it was) was fan-freaking-tastic.  I'm just back to North Idaho from a trip to Louisiana where people know there spices.  I was feeling a bit whiny about leaving the food behind.  Hence, my extreme excitement about the tacos.  I will be going back to try other options and the various specials.  I had these on a Saturday.  I don't usually drive by on Saturday and wouldn't want o spend the gas $$ to make a trip, but if I have guests then definitely.  When I mentioned that the owners, including the cook said they would change up the days things are offered.  Sweet!!!

I think I should mention the farmers market in Plummer and that we want some hot food served there....street tacos would be the bomb.

Go to the BIG STORE in Tensed, Idaho if you are on the way by!  Or make a trip.  Totally worth it.
http://big-store-deli.business.site/
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-big-store-tensed

No comments: