Monday, April 30, 2018

Oh Honey...It's a Good Thing You're Pretty...

So I went to a local "outfitter" store (which has sold it's soul and become a purveyor of overpriced over "hacked" outdoor campy stuff and kitchen stuff for people who don't really camp or cook).

I needed butane for the wee burner to heat water for coffee and tea and a wash.
It's CHEAPER at restaurant supply stores, but I shan't be at one of those for a week or two. I just needed a can or a few to get me to my next big stock up.

I picked up 3 cans and the total with tax was $9.51.
I handed the clerk dude a 20$ bill.  Before I could grab a penny out of the penny tray on the counter, he had pushed in "$20" on the register.  It told him that my change was $10.49.  Because the register can do math.

The clerk dude however...well, it's a good thing he's pretty. I said "Here's a penny."  He stared dumbly.   I said "Then the change will be $10.50."  He said, "Yeah....     ...."
Then he told me that he couldn't take it because he already put in that I gave him 20$ and it would throw his count off at the end of his shift.  Then I said, "....    ....."   I had no reply.  Finally I said, "No, it won't but just give me my change."

I KNOW most people don't count change back like in the old days.  But to not understand that putting 1cent in the till and taking 1cent out of the till would result in a balanced till...well, as I've noted in the title:  It's a good thing he's pretty.


2 comments:

Angela Gulick said...

False Advertising! I saw this post title, saw the word "honey" and thought this would be a blog post about your new bees. How are they? Are they buzzing? Are they bee-ing? Are they procreating (I hear birds do it and bees do it)? I hope they are comfy in their new home. OH, my mom still wants to know if you ever came up with a name for your acreage and/or apiary.

Jill said...

Just got new bees (the old ones croaked...the queens are dead, long live the queens) and will try to post soon.

names...working on it and probably won't post it on 'social media' even this little read blog.