Monday, January 22, 2018

Well, At Least We Still Have a Weather Forecast

 So, the government is shutdown or partially shutdown or whatever. 

I am pretty dependent on the NOAA weather forecasts since I live away from a population center and these forecasts can be localized to anywhere in the US by clicking on a map.  This is important info.  Is it safe to drive? To be out? Should I bother going home?

 This notice is at the top of the page where I get the weather:

"Due to the Federal Government shutdown, NOAA.gov and most associated websites are unavailable. However, because the information this site provides is necessary to protect life and property, it will be updated and maintained during the Federal Government shutdown."


I wonder if FEMA and the disaster response type agencies are open.   What about services to the poor and the old?

I'm not going to bother the skeleton crews at various agencies by calling and asking if they are at work and if they are being paid.  They have enough problems.

I remember the Clinton era shutdown.  And there have been others.

This is, apparently, the new normal.  



Nice.

No comments: