Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Veggies and Whatnot

I panicked too early. There are now tiny tomatoes setting on one tomato plant. This is good. Grasshoppers are reeking havoc in general though.

Still, I got about 1/2 cup of raspberries this evening. So I made lemonade and froze the raspberries and put them in. Delicious.

I'm also watching the Grey Gardens HBO flick with Drew Barrymore and Jessica "Batbrow" Lange. It's OK. Not fabulous. Drew is too round and short and doesn't carry herself as well despite having the appropriate genetic background on her father's side. Jessica...well, too thin, too pulled and tucked. Part of the charm of the Grey Gardens ladies is their physicality so missing that is an issue. Ken Howard and Phelan Beale Sr. is OK, but of course we don't know from the original documentary what he looked like so he's got an easier time.

Drew did do a reasonable job with the accent. Still, she looks more like my friend Kendra than she does Edith Beale.

For those who haven't seen the Grey gardens documentary from the 1970s, I'm not sure you can be my friends anymore.

For the few who are left, please listen to the Ricky Gervais podcasts and then the Wiggly Wigglers podcasts. If you don't, you won't understand any of my references from here on out.

Ok, now I need to watch the movie.

No comments: