Friday, November 14, 2008

He's Baaaaa...aaaack...

So, I walk in this evening. The door opens on a small landing at the foot of the stairs. And who is sitting in the corner looking cold and sheepish?

HAMMY.

He was glad to be picked up and carried back to his warm, dry, food and water inclusive, cage. I hope he didn't fall all the way down the steps. But, he didn't squeak or flinch while I carried him.

I heard him ALL NIGHT in the dining/kitchen area rutting around in some paper. When I would get up to find him, he would stop moving and become both silent and invisible.
But, seriously, he's a rodent so I was pretty sure he'd be fine. There was a little jar lid with water in it out for him and some food on the floor that he'd chucked out of his cage over the last week and I hadn't vacuumed up yet.

So, all is well in Hammy-land.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm glad Hammy is back home and safe. And I'm glad he didn't just sit on your nose and wait for you to wake up.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,

I'm very happy to hear that Hammy is back amongst friends. I just hate animals-in-peril stories, so thanks for letting us know all is well. Angela