Thursday, April 27, 2023

DAMMIT! ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

 Or rather, another one gotten bitten.


There was a chicken kerfuffle this morning.  This is not odd.  They are chickens.  They kerfuffle every time one of them lays an egg.  And then there is the constant rooster rape.

I eventually looked outside and saw nothing.  So, went back to my breakfast.  I'd let the chickens out, fed them, the usual.  They are free range, not fenced.  


Then, as I went down the hill to the car I see a bunch of feathers!  Red ones.  FROM A GOOD LAYER!  Damn and blast.  I found the carcass.  dead, not gutted, ripped open or anything gross.  Neck snapped.  That is a canine type kill.   Either a neighbor dog or a wild canine.

So, time to fence the chickens in for at least a while I guess. And get a game cam so I know what I'm up against. 

If eggs weren't so expensive I wouldn't mind much losing a free chicken but the finance balance has changed now.



No comments: