Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Juanita Turns 200,000

 Miles that is...

Juanita being the Honda I bought in early 2021, like February or something.  I could look that up but I can't be arsed. 

Here's the blog post where I talked about it:

https://simplicityandfrugality.blogspot.com/2021/03/brand-new-extremely-used-car.html


SO...yesterday I had extra running around to do after work, which wasn't frugal but crap comes up sometimes and there you go.

Headed to Moscow and noticed that Juanita was at 199,982 a bit south of my place (which is north of Moscow).  Cool.  By the time I left Moscow, where the aforementioned run-aroundery took place, I was nearly at the big 200k.


Here are actual before and after photos: 


BEFORE



AFTER


Here's how she looks as of earlier this week
Note the new sticker...bit small but makes her look large and in charge

Closer view of the sticker:
I put one on each front door.  They look like the real agency stickers but smaller and with more 'sqatch.


I have had the vehicle for 19 months and put 34,000 miles on it.  That is an average of 1789miles per month, give or take.  About normal for me.  I used to average 30,000/year.  This would be 21,500 per year.   A few more on on the pick up, but with a busted odometer, no one knows how many.  

ANYWAY:  5000$ purchase price.  About 1200$ in tires and repairs (tune up earlier and brakes recently).  6200$ for 34000 miles...  Ownership and major repair costs as of now:  16cents/mile

IF she goes to 300,000 miles, assuming I will need more brakes and something else, and tires that would end up at about 7500$ total (because I did pads and rotors this time, rotors should last so next brake job should be less)  for 134,000 miles is 5.6cents per mile...nice!  We'll see if that happens.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Juanita on the milestone! That's really great!

My vehicle is a 2016 purchased in 2018 after my beloved 2008 became unreliable. I'd like to keep it for as long as I can, and I don't really need anything fancy. Though I do like heated seats! And the safety features are nice to have. But all the technology really makes the new/newish cars so expensive to own and repair. Sad that no one can really do the repairs/maintenance themselves these days. Anyway, I'm partnered with a "car guy" so eventually he'll bug me about replacing (and probably upgrading, because - why not?) Yes, our spending philosophies are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

So for now, I'll keep this car as long as I can, and my spending now and in retirement will obviously have to cover the cost of a replacement vehicle. Or vehicles.

L.

Jill said...

Thanks!!! I had the newer Subaru before this...too expensive to fix. Juanita has no heated seats but, I can live without those. I would like cooled seats in summer though.