Friday, July 15, 2022

Saladify July

 I like my monthly themes even when I fail at them a bit.


This month is salad every day.  Yesterday, I had 2.

I don't like to cook a ton in the summer in the wee shed because it heats up.

Alas this summer, the weather is working against solar cooking most days I am home.  The garden is late but greens are coming on.   This morning I spent about 2 minutes picking some greens including wild greens like clover and golden rod.  FYI: old mature golden rod leaves are TOUGH.  I got tired of chewing.  I threw in some catmint (really mild mint), walking onion leaf, and good king henry leaves from the raised bed.  2 minutes.  Easy. 

I had left over dressing from a trip to the Edgy Veggie salad truck yesterday (those salads are big and good...and no more costly than any other lunch out).  A friend with me went to a cheese steak food truck.  They are delicious, but we were on the way to give a talk in the heat outside...salad worked better.  I wasn't bogged down with half a pound of salty meat.


Anyway, it's going fine.  Need to pick younger wild greens or get stronger jaw muscles though!

No comments: