Wednesday, June 5, 2019

The Spork Is Dead. Long Live the Spork

There is a frugal method called "putting out the word."  If you are looking for something, you mention it to people. 

Recently it worked twice.  I'll blog about the inadvertent word putting outage here.

The post about my lost spork.  A friend (HI ANGELA!) read it and sent me a set of stainless steel sporks as a gift!   SO NICE!!!  I have used one for 2 meals a day every work day since I got them.  They are perfect.  Actually, it's a model I was looking at on line and thinking I would order them after I thought about it for a month (thrifty tip:  if you think you want something, wait a month and see if you still want it).  Part of the hesitation was that they came in a set of 6 rather than individual sporks and really...I've only got one gullet to shove food down, how many sporks do I need? 

But, there they were!   I love them.  Use them.  I passed 2 on to colleagues and one of those dudes is threatening to ditch his set of silverware and just get enough of these for his family to eat with. 

I didn't mean to put the word out, but rather was whining into the void.   But it worked and is much appreciated.

Having a nice spork makes me eat more meals in my office or at a picnic table in a park when I'm on a road trip.  It also cuts WAY down on the use of plastic utensils which I also much appreciate.

Here it is in action...


No comments: